Lucerne Veterinary Hospital Blog

My Dog Ate My Stash: Marijuana Toxicity Revisited

marijuana

Glassy-eyed, stumbling, and afflicted with a sudden case of the munchies: while this may describe your neighbor’s teenage son, this is also becoming an increasingly accurate description of the family Golden Retriever. With the recently-approved referendum to legalize the use of recreational marijuana in the state of Maine, we may soon see a sharp rise in the incidence of marijuana toxicity. In states which have previously legalized marijuana, the number of accidental exposures by pets has greatly increased. In light of the increased availability of these potentially mind-altering drugs, we will revisit a previous blog post discussing what you need to know about the effects of marijuana in pets.

Continue…

tags:     |  
posted in:  Pet Emergencies  |  Pet Health  |  Toxins
  • Feline Practitioners
  • aaha